Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
car is a little bugged... it sucked like hell tho... it was so tedious gluing each area down till it dries. the back part looks like crap from all the dried glue and marker i used to mark but i think the front looks good. what do you think about the yellow?

·
Registered
257 Posts
you need to color match that black part then you'll be good

·
Registered
165 Posts
Did you use the grill mesh from home depot?

·
Banned
384 Posts
ummmm wtf? why did you paint your bowtie yellow?

·
Registered
73 Posts
not bad man

·
Registered
257 Posts
lol...how do you think i felt when i removed the cross bar on the bumper.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i got the mesh from lowes... it wasnt in a long wound spool thing like in the DIY it was in like 2 foot sections and there were 6 pieces so i have enough left to do the lower three... i will be painting the black part eventually but not till i get the other three out... now that i know what epoxy to use and the best way to use it when i take the grill off to paint it will go back on easier... i thought about color matching the grill surrounding but i dunno. i was scared to cut mine up too but i figured what the hell i might as well give it a try and if it goes to shit then i will just take back the mesh and buy the ones off ebay... i def like this better... and i painted the bowtie yellow cause... well... my neighbor made me do it. what do you think... why does anyone do anything to there car.? not cause there is a gun to there head. thnx for the imput. been on alot of diff car forums over the years... and this one is... a little diff but in a good way alot of feedback and not alot of neg. thnx

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
looks good ...except i would color match the bowtie but hey to each there own

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i agree i wanted something a little diff... what i originaly did was color match it ... sort of. i took the gold piece out from the silver piece if you fillow me... the gold is on the back part that is "adheared"(sp) adhesived to the silver dongle if you will... i sanded the gold off so it would be clear and was going to paint the back of it that way it had a little diff look obviously cause the color is behind but using that little tube of paint match is horible painting any larger area... i am a fireman if you didnt know from my avatar and had to go on a call. so i asked my wife to finish sanding that part for me... and she decided to sand the front instead so i just painted the front. went with yello tho cause i didnt want to go with any other color if not red and i couldnt get a nice even coat with the red. bought the yellow and two coats later it is back on...

·
Registered
13 Posts
The grill looks great. I dunno... The yellow just isn't my thing. It looks like a good job of painting I just don't care for the color. It does look pale but I can't imagine it any brighter... But overall great job!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.