Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Cobalt Master
2,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hearing a grinding noise from the front passenger side wheel area. It happens when I turn to the right only but not when I turn left. When it's cold I hear it louder but when it's warm it's a little quieter can't figure out what it is.i know it's now my tire rubbing the fenders. I know it's not my rotors cause it's not when I brake just when I'm slowly turning right. Does any one know what it could be or have this happen to them?

·
Say What again!
6,034 Posts
Yeah - the wheel hub and wheel bearing come as an assembly.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Most likely, jack it up and give everything a shake, see what moves that shouldn't but if it's a grinding noise it's usually brakes or bearings

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
It'd also make noise at high speed and get louder turning one way when it's under load and the other way it's quieter when less load is on it.

Be thankful it's a bolt on and not a press in and come as just the bearing.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
I would much rather have just the bearing haha so much cheaper and you can just repack them every now and then..... can be quite messy though....

·
Say What again!
6,034 Posts

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Really you're crazy, and $60 for an off brand $110 for Timken isn't really too bad

·
Cobalt Master
2,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I hear at all speeds just not as loud I guess since I hear more exhaust lol

---------- Post added at 02:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:34 PM ----------

I can get 60 for a Timken i just talked to the guy around her where i work so i get parts cheaper

---------- Post added at 02:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:35 PM ----------

Going to buy it tomorrow and have some here put it in for 40 bucks

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Haha maybe it comes down to the fact that my dad paid 30 bucks to do both sides in his truck at the same time I paid like 180 to do them on my durango..... it really isn't difficult to do once you have done them once or twice...

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Friend is putting a lift in his heated garage in a month, we're breaking it in by doing an engine swap.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.