Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if it is possible to ground a Chevy Cobalt's throttle body despite having the remote access terminals in the engine compartment instead of the actual battery? And is the throttle body even able to be grounded? This link shows it being done on a Mazda 3 but can the same be done on a Cobalt? Thanks.

Throttle Body Ground (by loudboxer) - Mazda Forums

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
Well the fact that the battery is in the trunk is irrelevant.. The entire chassis is grounded. So in theory you could do this, but I doubt it would do anything..

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hmmm. well on the mazda site, many people report that grounding the throttle body makes a small difference in the briskness of acceleration. I figured i could at least try it, but i'm not sure if it'll damage anything

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ya and i can't even find the bolts to the throttle body to attach the wire to... I just thought i'd see if it was possible with the cobalt. just adding a single wire to the engine sounds too good to be true

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
There are 3 bolts right on top you could use. Then run the wire virtually anywhere that is grounded. Let us know if it works out for ya. After reading that whole thread i think it just might do something.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thank you. well i found three bolts that are the negative remote terminals to the battery, but im still unable to find bolts for the throttle body; it just seems to be all plastic...

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i did notice three bolts on the left side of the engine compartment. the three bolts on the right side are for the negative remote terminal. are the three bolts on the left side connected to the throttle body itself?

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well im gonna do it as soon as i can find where the bolts are to the throttle body. but when i do it, im going to connect the wire from the negative remote battery terminal to a bolt on the throttle body, wherever that is....

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
as soon as i can figure out where the bolts used for the throttle body are, im gonna do this. and illl probably hook the wire from the negative remote battery terminal to a bolt of the throttle body, wherever that is...

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ooops, sorry bout the repeat...and tell us how it goes

·
Registered
802 Posts
i'm gonna expeirment with it tomorrow at the shop i'm gonan try usin all the ground's under the hood and the runnin a wire from teh battery... i'm gonan bew usin 8 gauge oxygen free cable tho.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ya if you could take a picture of that when you're all done, that'd be great. i still cant figure out where the bolts for the throttle body are, just the negative remote terminal ones

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Well I went for a couple little runs but I didn't notice a thing. I say myth busted.
The screws for the throttle body are right on top. If you have the stock intake system you have to take off the big resonator to see them.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
oh and while I was driving I got surrounded by like 10 Lambos. It was cool lol
and a note that I just went on a long trip and my car must have needed it. So shes been a bit touchy lately recently anyway,must have cleaned out some build up, so that may have effected how it felt. I do agree with the other forum tho, air can cause static and that could interfere with the TBs response.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
ok well ill try it myself in a week or so...and im sorry, but im completely clueless about the engine in cars, but i am trying to learn. would you mind explaining to me where the resonator is or perhaps a picture of it. i'm looking on google, but it's not helping whatsoever.. thanks

1 - 20 of 80 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.