Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So guys i got a Pioneer avic-z2, possibly the best headunit out to date. The thing does everything its amazing. I was wondering if anyone knows any possible way to hook a guitar up to this unit, or to my balt in general? Anyone know anything about this?? the guitar output is the same plug as a microphone FYI

M

·
0 Posts
did your unit come with the optional AUX input?

pics of the front and back of the unit would help

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
You can go out to any audio accessory store, and pick up a step-down jack, which will allow you to plug your guitar into any average aux. input adapter

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes the unit does have an aux input, i will try that and see how it goes. Thanks for the replys guys, really apperciated.
And yes i have to invest in a camera, and alot of other things too.

M

·
0 Posts
what sort of plug does the AUX input take? standard headphone type? if so, you should be able to go straight from your git'r to the stereo

S

·
0 Posts
never tried a guitar...

though a couple of our members have Guitar Hero (PS2) hooked up.

It's always fun at shows...

·
Registered
80 Posts
Go to Radio shack and get the RCA to headphone cable, and the adapter to go from that to the jack on your guitar. Set the radio to Aux, and start jamming. Oh BTW, with that setup, you could do just about anything from a single guitar, to a full blown Band. I just recommend talkin to the salesman at RS, they have answers for just about everything.

·
Registered
268 Posts
i just ordered a electric guitar today and i'm going to get the step up connection for the guitar from my aux cord that came with my ipod to the hu.
i can't wait to use my sys. with the guitar it's going to be sick.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah, i got mine finally working, of course it sounds nothing like my marshall amp back at home, but hey who else plays a guitar from there car. And with a good system you'll see some heads turn. Its pretty fun i must say, i just bought a 1\4" cable(guitar) to a 2 rca(red white audio) cable and hooked it up to the aux input. Works great and hid the cord underneath the center consol and pops out on the side of the passenger seat.

·
Registered
268 Posts
sick i might run my cord from the converter in my trunk for my subs and set it up so me and my bro. can play at the same time, for like skatepark jams and crap.

·
Registered
178 Posts
go to radio shack and tell them what you want to do. you will need to run into aux input like ipod, or you can run into rca ins for like a changer.

·
Registered
96 Posts
OK, i used to work at Radioshack and studied a little bit of Sound. As far as i know a guitar output does not come pre-amp...(USUALLY)..... A Headunit Input is expected to recived a pre-amplifided source.... MP3 players, player etc.... However for the wiring of the systems and things like that i will work BUT......... Did you guys notice that you have to turn the volume of the headunit and the guitar way up for it to work???? Thats why....

Some Guitars have pre-amplifided outputs and some Headunits have an amplifided AUX....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.