Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, so I know we have a lot of musicians on here. So lets get a feel for what strings everybody uses. post up the brand, the gauge, and if its for an acoustic, electric, or bass, and what the sound is like. I'm trying to figure out what brand of strings i should switch to for my 5 string bass.

elixir light gauge for my acoustic guitars, they have a bright sound
La Bella tapewound for my 5 string bass, they've got a more muted sound

·
Registered
394 Posts
Well I use elixers on my bass, and I love them. They last a long time and have great tone. I think I have lights on right now. I have D'addario flatwounds on my 5 string fretless acoustic, sounds like an upright with them, I love it. I also used to have a 5 string traben bass that needed extra long scale strings for the B string to work properly, and the only strings I could find like that were D'addario... Not a bad choice, definitely more economic, but elixers are the best hands down.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Elixir nanoweb medium bass strings... getting ready to try rotosound FM66 though...I now play a Flea Bass Model 32...

·
Registered
126 Posts
I love it. got it on ebay for $275.. I have owned peavey milestone IV, swuier p bass, fender jazz bass, warwick corvette, ibanez btb 506, carvin XB76, and now the Flea bass...the bass is among my favorite, with the warwick and carvin barely beating it ...

·
Registered
867 Posts
11 DRs ftw lol i like playing lower tuned stuff on my ESP
on my strat i got a mixed gauge of 9s and 10s
my bass i just got idk lol
yamaha acoustic salvarez
ibanez talman 11 d'addarios:bigsmile:

·
Registered
394 Posts
corvettes are nice, I wanted one of those for a while... Ended up building my own custom P bass, finished the body, purchased and assembled all the hardware individually. quarter pounder pick ups, hipshot bridge, warmoth neck... sounds and plays better than anything else I've ever played. Only downside is that passive pickups. That, and the finish is far from professional... which is good though, I like the style.

·
Registered
126 Posts
sounds nice...i couldnt build my own, i am wanting to change the pickups in the flea bass and i am scared to try that...

·
Registered
115 Posts
I use Ernie Ball Hybrid Slinkys on my Gibson Les Paul electric and they are used by a lot of bands. When I say a lot, I mean a LOT of bands.
Setup:
Gibson Les Paul cherry red, cream white pick plate/ p/u inlays
Chrome Humbucker pickups
Ernie Ball Hybrid Slinky strings
Chrome Grover tuning pegs
Mahogany fret board
Monster Cable SP1000 guitar cable
4 Crate Full stacks w/ Marshall amp

Acoustic:
Ovation Adamas II 30th Anniversary Reissue Acoustic
Black Diamond black coated nickel acoustic strings

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Elixer 9's on my ESP with the floyd rose
Elixer 10's/fender bullets 10's for the Fender strat
Acoustic i try out new ones all the time, havnt figured out wht i like the best yet.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.