Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings,
The other day, it was raining heavily here in Sioux Falls; in fact, we'd gotten 3 inches of rain in about an hour and a half!

I was pulling up to a stop light in my Cobalt (LS Coupe, 2.2, automatic), and the brakes were wet, so I wound up hitting the pickup ahead of me!

The front bumper cover was kinda munched, so I'm probably going to need a new one. I'm going to try to do it myself, so that I don't get socked by a dealer (it looks relatively DIY-able). Any recommendations for a third-party replacement?

And is there anything else in the front end that I should check out?

The next day, I started driving it, and noticed that the door locks kept going up and down. I figured it was because something got wet, so I wasn't too worried. Then, the next time I got in, the anti-theft system started going off, honking until I started the car, and it's been doing that EVERY time I unlock and open the door to get in to drive it!

I did some looking on how to reset / disable the anti-theft system, and found several methods, most of which involved using the RKE fob.

Unfortunately, I DON'T HAVE the key fob! I never got one when I bought the car (used), so I can't do ANY of the things that require it!

Does anybody know an effective way to reset / disable the anti-theft? I'm thinking about pulling the #8 and #10 fuses on the passenger-side fusebox; are there any others that I can reset that way?

Thanks in advance for any and all info!

-BobSkippy

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.