Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Not justice...Punishment
3,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, we had a rare winter storm come thru. first ice, about 1/4 inch, then 6-10 inches of snow (depending on local area). Then ice again.

I am on my way home from work this morning, nice and slow. A stupid kid shoveling a stupid driveway steps out in the stupid road right in front of me. I jog left, the car goes left. I go back right, and only the front of the car goes right. The back goes straight.

It was the coolest thing. I was sliding down the street at a perfect 90 degrees right thru a green light. It was strange looking forward and seeing the fronts of the cars go by. Then one of my tires caught traction and I smacked the curb. This is the second time I have curbed this car because of a kid in the road.

Now I have what looks like a bad rash on the front bumper, a skinned up hubcap... and the car wobbles. That is the suck ass part. I will be able to get a better look when all this crap thaws and I will post up some pics.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Ah damn Will! This is such bad luck for everyone lately, stupid kid.... I hope you get everything straightened out with minimal hassle and $$$ man.

·
Registered
273 Posts
you got very lucky tho thats all that happened. still sucks but could of been so much worse.

·
Banned
1,559 Posts
that was lul up till u hit the curb =/ srry to hear that

·
Not justice...Punishment
3,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, I took some pics. The first two just show the amount of snow and ice we have here.

The damage does not appear too bad to the front end as far as cosmetics go. I mean, it looks like shit, but not as bad as I thought. You can see the crap all over the front where I nosed in.

I don't know what the wobble is, but I guess we shall see on Monday.

·
Banned
1,559 Posts
that sucks but it could be an unbalanced wheel (keep hopes up)

·
I cut stuff
6,238 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
WOW, I was going to post a new thread about the accident I almost had yesterday.
I was going about 35-40 on Telegraph Rd. when a snow plow truck spins out at the intersection ahead blocking the whole road in front of me, my ABS is sucking at this point and I'm sliding at about the same speed towards the front of this truck. At the last moment I turned right in the front side of the truck and hit the snow on the side of the road, missing the truck by about a foot and then I just turned back onto the road. I had a small panic attack. It was SO close
NO damage whatsoever to my car :)

·
Not justice...Punishment
3,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
^^^ Good catch man.

Well, a buddy of mine works at a local shop and just got permission from his boss to use the shop to check out "his" car. lol lol lol.... We are going to go put the balt on the rack and look at it.

·
I cut stuff
6,238 Posts

·
Not justice...Punishment
3,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well, he got the car up and sure enough the passenger side axle is slightly bent. Everything else looks fine, in fact the wheel is still balanced.

He logged onto the computer and ordered it to deliver tomorrow morning on the Napa truck from Memphis. He called his boss and told him that he was leaving and that he ordered a part for a friend who would bring his Cobalt in the next morning. He got me a 2 hour quote, which at this local shop is only $50.00 per hour.

I have to take the car in tomorrow and it should get fixed. Not too bad I guess.

Axle $93.00
Labor $100.00 (at most)
Alignment $50.00

I will take care of the cosmetic damage when it warms up this spring.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.