Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
It's definitely for the LNF, guy had an SS T/C for a few years, bought the CP/Intake in 2012(still has the receipt in the box haha), garaged the car that winter and at the end of 2013 he sold his car and boxed the parts, they literally look new lol.

I dont know how necessary Charge pipes are, but I figure $300 for both wasn't a bad deal.

·
Registered
922 Posts
It's definitely for the LNF, guy had an SS T/C for a few years, bought the CP/Intake in 2012(still has the receipt in the box haha), garaged the car that winter and at the end of 2013 he sold his car and boxed the parts, they literally look new lol.

I dont know how necessary Charge pipes are, but I figure $300 for both wasn't a bad deal.
300 for both sounds pretty good. I know the K&N new is like $240, and thats kinda on the low side... If I found that deal I would take it. Also there was guy on CSS selling a K&N used for 140, I was going to buy it. I asked for pictures, and he said he would send them. He never sent them and never responded to me after that... He might still have it....

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well I already told the guy I'll take 'em, not gonna bail now lol besides, this set looks new. TTR has a K&N intake on sale right now for $250 but whats killing it is the over the boarder shipping, it's disgusting, it'll be over $300 after shipping.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yeah I love it when you hear on the news that more and more Canadian companies are moving over the border as it's cheaper to sell to americans if you're IN the states and the government just "can't figure out why" DUUUURRR it's all the terrifs we get to pay!! huzzah I've solved it! TTR has to pay $50 just to toss that intake over the boarder, and I live too far from Niagara to go get it (2.5hr drive) to Niagara falls for me

·
Registered
922 Posts
yeah I love it when you hear on the news that more and more Canadian companies are moving over the border as it's cheaper to sell to americans if you're IN the states and the government just "can't figure out why" DUUUURRR it's all the terrifs we get to pay!! huzzah I've solved it! TTR has to pay $50 just to toss that intake over the boarder, and I live too far from Niagara to go get it (2.5hr drive) to Niagara falls for me
well i suppose driving 2.5 there and 2.5 back would be about $50 in gas anyway... wouldn't be worth putting the miles on...

·
Levee
3,210 Posts
The K&N is proven to be the best intake for the LNF (keep that in mind). As far as charge pipes, they really don't matter, the upper one (from turbo to intercooler) is really the only one that needs changed if you're sticking with the stock turbo and not running a VTA BOV. I ran the injen charge pipe for the longest on my LNF (until I swapped turbos), and that was actually a really good CP, not a lot of bends on it so it flowed WAY better then Hahn. Just my opinion tho. I wonder if CIA is still making parts or not...

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
You need to do some serious cleaning to that engine bay, otherwise though looks good.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.