Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i want to do the whole hahn racecraft performance line on my 2.2, intake manifold turbo kit header downpipe cat back the whole package. does ne one know wut kinda numbers im gonna get and when will my car shut off. and 8lbs of boost shouldnt cause ne internal problems should it. ne help is much appreciated

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
What do you mean "when my car will shut off" and yes 8lbs of boost is safe with stock internals

·
Registered
1 Posts
if youre talkin about a turbo timer, it all depends, you have a a few preset cool down times and you also have a setting that automatically adjusts your cool down time based on how long youve been driving, well at least thas how the greddy was on my talon

·
Banned
161 Posts
you looking at 80-100 hp over stock..

220 whp.

·
Registered
162 Posts
what kind of tune were you lookin to be running? custom?

·
Banned
161 Posts
There is a tune that comes with a turbo kit. Though i think its just a piggyback.
its a custom tune made by sct,hahn, garrett. its not ajustable. and downloads on to your pcm.. it is not a piggyback

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Did you mean the turbo timer ?

·
Registered
575 Posts
I think he means before his car blows up lol

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
no lol sry i meant like stock the car cuts off at 105mph or so an i wanted to know if the tune is goin to change that

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Yea... it should since you will adjust the A/F ratio through the tune ....i am not %100 sure tho...anyone wana back me up on this ?

·
Registered
257 Posts
if your talking about the speed gov then you need to get a reflash for that...

·
Registered
594 Posts
I think you should do more to your engine then just a turbo slaped right on in my view,most retards with civics or other 4 bangers blow up their engines because of having only a turbo on.If possible you should get if patriot does it the patriot performance cnc ported stage 2 ecotec assembled with cams,its about 1500 dollars for it,heres the link check it though,give them a call to see whats up,someone has claimed by doing this kind of thing you will get the same results as a turbo,is that a true statement?Wont know until its done..https://www.patriot-performance.com/xcart/product.php?productid=13&cat=15&page=1

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.