Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey just had a couple of questions about halo headlights. Well my first question is how easy/hard is it to actually install them? could i do it myself, the kit comes with a easy install kit. Now i see some people wire the leds with the turn signal and it only comes on when the person turns I'm not to fond of that. And how does the light work for the high beam and low beam if i don't get hids or do i have to get hids also for the unit to work can i was only planning to get the headlights not the hids or would it not work with the bulbs i have in my headlight now?

·
Registered
25 Posts
It helps to have a multimeter when installing most halo headlights, it is not particularly difficult with the instunctions that are usually included. If you don't want the LEDs to blink do not splice them into the turn signal, this is where a meter can come in handy. The actual headlights should be able to plug into the vehicle stock wiring harness and handle highs and lows, usually two seperate bulbs with the halos. HID is a style of bulb that arcs its current through gas instead of heating a filament not neccesarily a 'high beam' Your lights can be wired up to do any number of lighting combos and depends on how indepth you want to get with your splicing.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Id like to splice the rings n leds with the running lights so its on all the time except when i have it off of course but i can still use my regular headlight bulb right?

·
Registered
25 Posts
That is common. I personally have a halos and LEDs on the running switch. You should as long as the new setup has the same plugs. Unless you are required, not an option that is, to get new bulbs I would bet your stock gear should be fine

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh ok just wondering thank u n yea its all the same year cobalt hook up just waiting to get them in the mail soon

·
Registered
25 Posts
Getting those suckers in without scratching anything is a real pain. Make sure to check beam height and straightness before applying final torque, or you may be re-aligning them after your first night out driving.

·
Registered
3 Posts
just did my halos

the hardest part of installing them was getting the damn stock headlights out without scratching the hell out of the bumper lol....

I would recommend going to autozone/walmart/pepboys and getting "quick connectors". this is a lot easier than splicing and soldering but it does the same job.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just installed my halos and got over excited to share what i learned and didn't look at the date of this thread... My bad lol

Sent from my SPH-D710 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
675 Posts
nice pic man

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.