Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What style is the best for the black halo headlights???? where to buy from for best price??? :smile1:

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
ebay has some of the best prices for halo projectors

you just gotta find the right deal so you get free shipping and your not paying too much for them

around $150 is a good price or that is what i paid at least and had free shipping

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yea daman the guy that vendors hid kits is giving me quotes but i know i want the newest generation of headlights cuz older ones are crap from what ive heard....

·
Registered
610 Posts
i was thinking of getting halos but after hearing all the negatives about them i decided to just go with black housing stock lights. except im a little skeptical about painting it myself :/

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
i have heard the 2nd and third get are decent. Just stay away from the 1st gen whatever you do!

·
Registered
186 Posts
how do you know the diffrence between gen 1 and 2 or 3?

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
the difference between the generations of lights is the led lights that accompany the halo lights, the second generation have the light strip i believe while third has the three individual lights

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
The pic above me are first gen with the LED's on top
second gen (CCFL's) have the light bar instead of LED's
Third gen have the LEDs under the halo's

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
I personally wouldn't buy any of them.. But I have heard of the least problems coming from the CCFL's (2nd gen)

·
Registered
450 Posts
gooty...were those plug and play. and have you had any problems with them? i've been looking pretty hard at those but i'm gonna get the chrome ones because i'm putting the smoke light covers over them. and i'm gonna have to get HID's because those light covers are really dark

·
Registered
610 Posts
I personally wouldn't buy any of them.. But I have heard of the least problems coming from the CCFL's (2nd gen)
what kind of problems? like the LEDs burning out?

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
gooty...were those plug and play. and have you had any problems with them? i've been looking pretty hard at those but i'm gonna get the chrome ones because i'm putting the smoke light covers over them. and i'm gonna have to get HID's because those light covers are really dark
yes to the lights being plug and play but to wire the halos up they give u clips or connectors but not enough of them or atleast there wasnt in my box. It gives you the option to wire them up how you want them like if you want the led's on with the halo or if u want the halo's on with your parking lights and much more.

the only problem i ran into is adjusting them. the screws are to large and the area to tighten them once installed is not enough so to adjust them its easy to take them out and do it manually with a flat head screw driver. the low beams are simple and easy but the low beams i still cannot get them adjusted right. there is three screws and if you make a slight adjustment it might do nothing or it might totally screw them up.

i definitely recommend them though they look great and are super bright and enhance your sight at night definitely

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.