Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
with halo headlights... is the halo that you see in the pictures the actual light output or just for show? are the halos visible all the time or what? sorry for the dumb question i just cant seem to find the answer to this.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Has anyone else had any problems with the halos causing fires? That's the only hesitation I have with replacing my Gen 4's with 3's or 2's....Is there any wiring involved with the halo's and led's, or is it just Pnp?

·
hawaii icon
3,089 Posts
*sigh* Lol my car fire has a lot of newbs scared to try aftermarket headlights now. I can't say 100% what caused my car fire but it looks to be the inverter box for my CCFL halo rings. It looks like it was a manufacturers defect. Don't stress it guys, If you are going to buy aftermarket lights you are more than likely safe.

·
Registered
36 Posts
*sigh* Lol my car fire has a lot of newbs scared to try aftermarket headlights now. I can't say 100% what caused my car fire but it looks to be the inverter box for my CCFL halo rings. It looks like it was a manufacturers defect. Don't stress it guys, If you are going to buy aftermarket lights you are more than likely safe.
It wasn't just yours, I have a friend here who had a balt with halos, and the halos actually started his fire, I just don't have money laying around, not that any of us do...lol

·
Registered
36 Posts
I wouldn't really worry about his car...He has THAT Cobalt that would make everyone on here cringe and cry and laugh all at the same time. He currently has a LT with a LS front bumper that is blue, a SS rear bumper that is White, and the rest of the car is spray paint black, with autozone DIY tint on his window's, with the ever so awesome hubcap rims from somewhere, and then he retrofitted his OEM lights and according to him, rewired them to light up differently....Guy probably has no idea what he is doing...who knows... it's pretty much toast now anywayz...

·
Premium Member
3,783 Posts
My 2nd gens I never had a problem in the nearly 3 yrs I had them. I regret selling them actually but I was going to try something different than changed my mind. The 2nd gens are straight plug in and poof, everything works. I know the first gens normally are the ones you have to "hack and splice" to get the LEDs and all that to work. I spent 4 hours when I had my 2nd cobalt putting those in. I liked the look of them but when I got my SS I said screw thoughs when I saw 2nd gens were plug in and go and they had CCFL instead of dull LED.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
PM us if you want to purchase some halo headlights. We sell them PRE-wired with OEM headlight harness's so you just have to plug in 1 plug. We also can change the color of the LEDs and Halos if desired.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
OK, so I got my projectors yesterday, the actual lights are plug and play, but the LED's and halo's are not (obv) I was reading installation guides and such and all that I've been able to gather as of now is that the halos wire into the parking light harness, as for the leds do they wire into the parking light harness as well? sry for the possibly already answered question i'm just kind of a noob when it comes to wiring.

---------- Post added at 10:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:08 AM ----------

Nvm.

---------- Post added at 11:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:00 AM ----------

Installed. Uploading pics.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

·
Registered
20 Posts
I wouldn't really worry about his car...He has THAT Cobalt that would make everyone on here cringe and cry and laugh all at the same time. He currently has a LT with a LS front bumper that is blue, a SS rear bumper that is White, and the rest of the car is spray paint black, with autozone DIY tint on his window's, with the ever so awesome hubcap rims from somewhere, and then he retrofitted his OEM lights and according to him, rewired them to light up differently....Guy probably has no idea what he is doing...who knows... it's pretty much toast now anywayz...
That sounds absolutely HORRIFIC.

But hey, some of us can't afford rims Dx. I've got the stock hubcaps x)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.