Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm looking around on the net and I'm really digging the Halo projectors. They are like sex in a headlight. lol The cheapest I can find is a little under $300, I'm thinking about going for it because oh my god... yeah they are that sexy. lol

Anyway google: 2LHP-COB05JMB-YD - I'm looking at the first result. They are only $187. I'm just wondering if that will have everything I need to install them. I've changed out my head lamps on my own so I'm comfortable taking off the front fascia and everything.

Tell me what you all think or if I'm missing something completely here. From what I've read I'm guessing I'll have to buy some Xenon bulbs if I want them (I'm guessing they are the brightest and best?) Again - I'm a noobie. help me out a little if you would. :blink:

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
IMHO, halo's are junk! a friend of mine has had 2 pairs of the 2nd gen halo's burn out in LESS than a year.. The first gen are even worse and the 3rd gen are just weird looking to me.

The ones you are looking at are 3rd gen BTW

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Okay, so hold up! I'm not going to argue with you guys, if you say HID, I say HID... but do they look as cool?

Can you guys recommend a brand / model you like or use? Thanks!

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
theyre the really bright, blueish lights you see. theyre one of the best upgrades imo

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
theyre the really bright, blueish lights you see. theyre one of the best upgrades imo
Any particular set up that you recommend? I see there are all kinds of K's 8000k 1000k I'm guessing that's the color of the light and I read that you can get diamond white - which is probably what I'd want, I don't want a blueish cast while I'm driving... I don't think. Maybe it doesn't make much difference?

Anyway - I saw the pricing on the projectors. Now I'm off to see what HIDs are going to cost. It's scaring me that I'm going to need a conversion kit on top of the lamps themselves. Everyone says NOT to run them in your stock headlight housing?!?

Oh well - off to edumacate myself. :D

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
Any particular set up that you recommend? I see there are all kinds of K's 8000k 1000k I'm guessing that's the color of the light and I read that you can get diamond white - which is probably what I'd want, I don't want a blueish cast while I'm driving... I don't think. Maybe it doesn't make much difference?

Anyway - I saw the pricing on the projectors. Now I'm off to see what HIDs are going to cost. It's scaring me that I'm going to need a conversion kit on top of the lamps themselves. Everyone says NOT to run them in your stock headlight housing?!?

Oh well - off to edumacate myself. :D
The igher the number, the bluer the light output is. if forget the exact # but i believe stock color is like 4200, then lower turns yellow. so white would be about 6k.

The reason you would want to put HID's in projectors is so you don't blind people. Projectors have a cut off line inside the lens so the light gets cut off low. Stock housings do not.

·
Registered
720 Posts
4300k to 8000k is what I recommend for HID's...anywhere in that range looks good. I would go with 4300k or 6000k myself.

·
Registered
22 Posts
i got a pair of CCFL Halos off of ebay for $220 with shipping and ive been happy with them and they look great and i havent had any problems with them. Ive had them since march

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
I was looking @ purchasing HID's myself last night. Thank you for the helpful information OBZ. I think what im going to do is pait the housing on the inside of headlights black and then install HID's. I feel it would look soooooo much better.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.