Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
mmmm rice<3
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just installed my halo's tonight, looks amazing, although i couldnt figure out where to wire the led's , or how to hook up my hid's. i had hids in my stockers, but theres somethin im not gettin when i hook up halo's. and yes, i got the h1 kit, theyre gen 3's.

Before:

After:

low's

hi's

·
Registered
280 Posts
I actually wired my halo lights to my fog lights, so it acts as a switch. Pro: Halo + LED's come on when I hit the switch. Con: I have to have the fog on when the halo + LED's are on. I do like it wired into the switch though.

EDIT: Might help if you had fogs I suppose. :p (I didn't realize until after I posted)

·
mmmm rice<3
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
haha yeah, i don't have fog's. but i got everything hooked up mid day yesterday, and by the end of the night, the led's on the drivers side head light kept going out, i could tap the headlight/jingle wires and they'd come back on, so today i took the headlight out and put a new connection/re twisted the wires/ sodered them together(i cut them too short) and put a connection in the same exact way. exact same, and my led's cought on fire. luckily i turned them off in time, but now i have no led's >:l anyone have this happen to them? i just cut the wires off to the led's for now until i find an answer to this prob, any help is appreciated, thanks!

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
You will need to rewire your leds and halos. They are not wired peroperly and also the resisters they use are not the correct ones. Reason why people get burned out LEDs. We offer services to rewire and replace everything :)

·
mmmm rice<3
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
the halo's work fine, i still have them hooked up, and the pass. side leds worked, is there a diy on re-wiring them? or pm me a price on the rewire service, thank you.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.