Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Thanks Riggs, where did you get those hangers, mine is still stock BC the ss exhaust I assumed would have been perfect.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Rriggs the long bolt protects your pipe and acts as a warning sign when you get to low. Then you can press the eject button for the seat under the fat one.
Lol eject button. Yea I like that it's longer so it would be the first to hit if it scrapes, but like I said iv never had a problem. Just careful when I pull in and out of places

·
Registered
218 Posts
This is what kills me about all this aftermarket stuff or swapping non-native parts onto cars.. Its not that difficult to fabricate a hanger or to modify the ones already on the exhaust. Not everything is going to be a perfect fit, and it doesn't always have to be, frankly.

Invest in a few exhaust hangers and/or torch the ones on the car and bend them down (slightly sharper angle) to lift the pipe higher. Or make your own hangers. You could even take it to a muffler/exhaust shop and they could probably just do it for you.

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
This is what kills me about all this aftermarket stuff or swapping non-native parts onto cars.. Its not that difficult to fabricate a hanger or to modify the ones already on the exhaust. Not everything is going to be a perfect fit, and it doesn't always have to be, frankly.

Invest in a few exhaust hangers and/or torch the ones on the car and bend them down (slightly sharper angle) to lift the pipe higher. Or make your own hangers. You could even take it to a muffler/exhaust shop and they could probably just do it for you.
Well, if you had read the entire post from begining to end you would know that I actually took it into a muffler shop to have it professionally installed with the SS exhaust which should be a direct "native" replacement for my car, so it should have been a perfect fit. I just started noticing the sag so asked other what they did to fit it. Unfortunately the shop I went to is now 1.5 hours away from me so I am not going back just to get a hanger bent.

Mine is still stock as well. What springs are you lowered on?
I'm on SSC, roughly a 2" drop all around. They must have used a different hanger for your year. I still have the hook and rubber style.

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I got a propane torch at home so I'll try heating them up and bending. If that doesn't work I was thinking about having a friend weld a new hanger in where it is sagging

21 - 28 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.