Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so im really thinking having door chimes an warning sounds really isnt worth 130 bucks. they are annoying ne way. im thinking jus go with a $10 malibu harness an go chimeless. wut u guys think?

·
Sneezing Daily
1,155 Posts
That is what i went with although i believe it was a different kit when i got my headunit installed. The guy at best buy said that wouldn't have my warning sounds for the keys of the turn signal noise anymore, and i said that i didn't care, but turns out i still had them afterwards.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
it all depends on where the chimes are coming from, most have it from under the dash, very few are from the speakers. simple test, when you unplug the stereo, put your keys in the ignition, if you still have the chime, it's under the dash, if not, it requires a harness to get the chime(not that it's vital, only meant for forgetful idiots such as myself who have locked their keys in their car in the past :toung:)

·
Registered
10 Posts
I got my harness off ebay it is just a basic harness. I didn't lose any of my chimes and my info center works just fine. the 130 is a waist.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
I got my harness off ebay it is just a basic harness. I didn't lose any of my chimes and my info center works just fine. the 130 is a waist.
i will re-iterate the fact that most can be changed over normally, only a handful are done the opposite way

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
i got mines from ebay also and just got a stereo yesterday. ima see if mines is under the dash also....anyhow is it the models and yrs of the make that determin where the chirm will be?
if i do recall, it was in the early models(05-06) that didnt have the factory Pioneer system in it that had the connected chime system......... most of the newer models have the systems separate

and again, it was sporatic as to which cars had it, and which didnt, i had an 06 SS, and was warned that i may have that issue, but i didnt

·
Registered
10 Posts
My car is an 05 and everything works like it did before I changed the radio, I also have a base model, no pioneer radio system.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.