Chevy Cobalt Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What does everyone think of the Harrop Supercharger for the Balts?

Here is the link:
LSJ-SCH

I am not sure if I will go the boosted route or not, but if I did I would probably go supercharged and was thinking of getting this blower instead of the stock lsj eaton m62 blower.

·
Registered
720 Posts
You might as well build your engine and upgrade everything if you want to run this SC to it's potential. If you're looking to just go supercharged without many upgrades, this isn't the SC for you.

You can find them for sale used on CSS for a little less than retail...I think about $1400 is average. Sometimes you'll find a new one on there that someone has to get rid of and never installed as well.

·
Sneezing Daily
1,155 Posts
X2, if you plan to build up your motor, go for this one... If not go with the eaton m62, I mean take it this way there are guys that push close to 350whp with the eaton, on nitrous as well... if you plan to push that or less go with the eaton its more cost effective, if you plan on pushing more then go with the harrop...

I got mine for 1300 dollars and it was worth it, then again I have pretty big goal potentials and an engine rebuild coming up...

·
Premium Member
3,783 Posts
I have a friend/tuner who has a ION RL and he has this supercharger. Its a beast on the car, he's putting down close to 330whp with just the Charger and he's tuning, no internal work done yet, LSJ's are good for around 400 before you'll want to do some internals. I am planing on getting one down the road, not sure what I well do with the m62 but well make that decision when the time comes. But if you do have an LSJ and just an 2.2 or 2.4 definitely want to upgrade some things.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
X2, if you plan to build up your motor, go for this one... If not go with the eaton m62, I mean take it this way there are guys that push close to 350whp with the eaton, on nitrous as well... if you plan to push that or less go with the eaton its more cost effective, if you plan on pushing more then go with the harrop...

I got mine for 1300 dollars and it was worth it, then again I have pretty big goal potentials and an engine rebuild coming up...
pics?

·
Registered
1,442 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

I plan on doing an engine build, Before my dad died last year he and I wanted to build this car up to be able to put a good 1/4mi ET down that would be comparable to a stock vette non Z06. Because of this I plan on still finishing our dream build. But thanks for the concern.

·
Banned
1,559 Posts
i dunno bout cobalts but i rode in and drove a ion redline with tvs and it IS secks!

·
Registered
174 Posts
Don't always look at the power output, it's way more efficient and the Eaton doesn't get it's nickname for nothing. "Heaton" like a few have said, it all depends on your goals.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.