Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have yet to fix that dang shift knob. I've been looking at it, and the only part that is chipping is the shift pattern sticker/tab part. Can I take it off and buy one online maybe?

Do you think they are mostly the same size?

Tired of this tape, it's ghetto as F-! :laugh:

·
Registered
563 Posts
i dunno, i dont think ss knob will work. its got a reverse pull selector underneath it, but it might work.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Lame :/ yeah man, I dunno the way the whole gear shift looks it doesn't seem like a normal after market one will fit unless I do extra stuff to it. I tried to pull it off myself but couldn't get it anyway, cause at one point I did go ahead and buy a cheap one at Pep Boys to try out.

There are never any standard trans Cobalts around here, either, raaaawr tired of this.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It fell off!? Wow... Yeah, apparently not that great of quality interior with these cars.

@BankerBalt - Lol, I would love to put in a short throw, but definitely can not afford that anytime soon : (

·
Registered
563 Posts
so you dont have the ugly black bulb shaped shift knob like on a 06 ls? I managed to find one cheap that fit the shifter

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
^thats what I was wondering all yesterday, just didn't have time to post. There was no sticker on mine! I will sell you my stock one if you would like.

·
Registered
563 Posts
ouch!! wow yes the black rubber type one will fit. There is also an aftermarket one i found that works from a place like auto zone, i can try to find it online if youre interested. Its like polished stainless and small.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well, either of you lol whoever wants to sell it the cheapest ;) I have an eBay account and get paid tomorrow.

---------- Post added at 08:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:08 PM ----------

ouch!! wow yes the black rubber type one will fit. There is also an aftermarket one i found that works from a place like auto zone, i can try to find it online if youre interested. Its like polished stainless and small.
You sure it will fit? Do you have it or something? Yeah would appreciate link share!

---------- Post added at 08:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:09 PM ----------

SAM_2108.jpg picture by sambjk - Photobucket

Is the normal one like this too, how it is all one piece and not like a normal car where just the top comes off from the adapter

·
Registered
50 Posts
Yes, link if you could. I'd like to find something different.

Sent from my ADR6350 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
28 Posts
did u ever find that shift knob that fit the cobalt ls bro?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.