Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
i like them ! i would have bought them right now if i had money! jkjk but yes they seem nice, what colour cobalt you have? in my opinion some cobalts look better with black headlights then others

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea for sure i have a silver cobalt and im thinkin bout blackin it out. its a 4 door. so do you think it would look nice with black emblems and rims and tint?

·
Registered
90 Posts
I like the blackness of them, but I'm not a fan of halos... i dont know why haha

·
Registered
49 Posts
LMAO. I actually just orded these exact headlights last night and i searched for a while to try to find pics of them installed with no luck. They should be delivered next Mon. or so ill take some pics and post em then. My cobalt is dark blue so you'll have to use some imagination if yours is silver

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Looking forward to the pics. I can't decide if I want to go with those or do color matched retrofits

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Looking forward to the pics. I can't decide if I want to go with those or do color matched retrofits
^^^ yea for sure i was thinkin the exact same thing. ahaha i wana do the bixenon thing though. do you know if a light goes in the non-HID part of the headlight? or does it just sit there

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
Always look for the DOT stamp in these auctions. this one has it but a lot dont and thats when the cops can f ya. I got pulled over for my tinted tails, I pointed out the DOT stamp and was on my way in no time.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Always look for the DOT stamp in these auctions. this one has it but a lot dont and thats when the cops can f ya. I got pulled over for my tinted tails, I pointed out the DOT stamp and was on my way in no time.
really i never knew that... so i can get in trouble for tinted tailights? i just bought some film for mine so now im worried. ahha

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
Depends on your state statutes. Google taillight cover statutes (your state) to find out. I didnt get pulled over for almost 6 months then I got him three times in two months. Thats when I learned what I can and cant have. I bucked up and bought the tinted lights with LEDs they were spendy but now when a cop pulls me over (and it has happened again!) I tell them to check the DOT stamp as I drive away!

---------- Post added at 04:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:22 PM ----------

PS if you get pulled over with illegal taillights tell the cop you bought the car that way (not from a dealership but a local used car place) and that you will get it fixed as soon as possible, they wont ticket you... most likely!

·
Super Moderator
11,820 Posts

·
hawaii icon
3,089 Posts
I have those. They aren't anywhere near as dark as they look in the pics. Pretty much just chrome. Lemme see if I can find pics.

---------- Post added at 03:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:59 AM ----------

·
Super Moderator
11,820 Posts
These say smoke, maybe they are a bit different than yours.

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
Retrofits are ALWAYS the way to go if you have the budget for them :D no comparison to the eBay projectors. Plus they are custom and it's very rare you see others around on the street with them.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.