Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
cut their stock springs? I'm looking to slam it, and i would probably end up cutting/heating aftermarket springs anyway to get the ride height I want. A friend of mine heated his springs on his civic and the ride is uncomfortable as hell but it looks amazing.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Don't cut the stock springs. if anything if you want to go that route cut a coil off on the aftermarket springs. Or just buy springs and call it a day and have an semi comfortable ride

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
^^lool. I'm planning on cutting the front of my B&G's if they don't settle anymore, but only a little bit, in order to equal out the ride height. I don't find the ride that much more uncomfortable...but I like the stiff suspension feeling (everyone's different) we'll see if it gets much worse after I cut my fronts a bit.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I cut my stock springs... Bad idea man. It rode like trash, made my back hurt and stuff, it sucked pretty hard. And besides that its really unsafe, I have a friend who cut his and one popped out when he went over railroad tracks. It popped his tire and dented his car. It cost him way more than if he just bought real springs. If you wanna go lower than most companies offer (2F 2.5R) just get coilovers, it'll ride great and you can ajust em... Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
567 Posts
^
What he said!

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Cutting springs or heating them leads to inconsistent spring rates on each corner of the car. In other words, you'll likely throw off the handling pretty badly.

There are a number of great springs made for the Cobalt that will accomplish a drop safely. Pedders and Sportlines are very popular.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
bad idea.

---------- Post added at 12:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:18 PM ----------

I cut my stock springs... Bad idea man. It rode like trash, made my back hurt and stuff, it sucked pretty hard. And besides that its really unsafe, I have a friend who cut his and one popped out when he went over railroad tracks. It popped his tire and dented his car. It cost him way more than if he just bought real springs. If you wanna go lower than most companies offer (2F 2.5R) just get coilovers, it'll ride great and you can ajust em... Just my 2 cents.
yeah just buy coilovers for 900 bucks...:rolleyes:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.