Chevy Cobalt Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been kicking it around. Money really isn't an issue for me and yes I know it will be costly. I'm just wondering if anyone has ever done it and how it went.

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
i was just about to post a thread about that lol i wanna turbo my auto

Hahn has a turbo kit for the 2.4 automatic

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Id rather S/c it hat turbo it. You dont get the full satisfaction out of a turbo that you do a s/c when you have an automatic. The turbo needs to spool and discharge and with the auto there is no clutch for it. Plus you wont have the blowoff sound with the auto. I say S/C FTW!!!

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Id rather S/c it hat turbo it. You dont get the full satisfaction out of a turbo that you do a s/c when you have an automatic. The turbo needs to spool and discharge and with the auto there is no clutch for it. Plus you wont have the blowoff sound with the auto. I say S/C FTW!!!
thats true, you'll have the blow off when u let off the gas haha yea sc all the way

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That makes sense...Maybe I'll start looking for supercharger kits...I'm gonna have quite the bill after the winner with my mod list,lol.

My list includes:
Rims
Lights
Intake
Lowering Springs
Supercharger or Turbocharger,lol

·
Registered
720 Posts
zzperformance.com has a kit...it's listed as 2.4, but you can change the options for 2.2. I have an auto as well and I was playing with it...without any stages, it's only $1900 plus shipping (shipping should be less than $100 total).

It's a hell of a deal for a brand new setup.

Otherwise find a used setup online somewhere.

·
Say What again!
6,398 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
after basic training for the air force, I'm boosting my auto, I heard it's more efficient to boost an auto, with less lag and you hold PSI better

·
Say What again!
6,398 Posts
I just posted on that other thread a list from someone on CSS...Gene Culley sent me his parts list via PM over there.

Good info.
Yep. Gene and I are very good friends. We still text/call each other just checking in on each others cars. He was a big help to me during my swap, as I think I was to him.

·
Say What again!
6,398 Posts
Somewhere between $2300 and $2500.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
^ Not a lot of money for the power your getting... An extra 55-80hp from one mod? I'll take it...

Plus, its a necessary mod if you want to go fast and not be stuck under 200hp..

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.