1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,538 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
I guess for $25 they are slightly better than nothing

Not to put too fine a point on it, but: Haynes manuals suck.

Why would you pay for a manual that doesnt even have complete schematics in it?(complete anything really)

The Haynes manual is 256pages. Thats about 1/6th of what is actually in the factory manuals. So I guess you get whay you pay for, the factory manual is $135, and worth every last friggin red cent if you actually need information.

Buy it.

Maven added 8 Minutes and 24 Seconds later...

This info is actually in your owners manual, if anyone actually reads it

·
Registered
136 Posts
they dont happen to have either of these manuals on a cd/dvd, or even online do they.... you know so we can share....:D
Scanners FTW!

·
Registered
75 Posts
i got mine for about 15 plus shipping. it's well worth it IF (and it's a BIG if) you already have a basic understanding of how things work. If you know nothing about cars, it will be hard to understand. But it tells you how to do anything you can possibly thing of from routine maintenance, to totally tearing apart the engine. a great thing is that it also has all the torque specs for everything, which is nice so you don't do something like snap your suspension mount twice because you didn't nkow that the bolt was only 15 ft/lbs lol

·
Registered
136 Posts
i got mine for about 15 plus shipping. it's well worth it IF (and it's a BIG if) you already have a basic understanding of how things work. If you know nothing about cars, it will be hard to understand. But it tells you how to do anything you can possibly thing of from routine maintenance, to totally tearing apart the engine. a great thing is that it also has all the torque specs for everything, which is nice so you don't do something like snap your suspension mount twice because you didn't nkow that the bolt was only 15 ft/lbs lol
Sounds like someone has experienced this first-hand.....:-D

·
Registered
75 Posts
Sounds like someone has experienced this first-hand.....:-D
yea, talk about pissed! got a zzp mid length header/dp combo, took off the strut bar to get it on. putting the strut bar back on, POP! wasn't even torqued down yet. ok, whatever, bought a new one. took the suspension apart, put the new one on, POP! same thing! on the third try i got it though, better believe i used the tiniest little 1/4" drive wrench i had!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.