Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sorry if there is already a thread on this but I couldn't find one with the search. I have a 2007 chevy cobalt ls and the head lights won't go off unless you take the fuses out. Now something else is running the battery down if it sets for around 18 hours and no other lights are on in the car I have checked twice. Things just keep geting better the drivers side head light was on with the fuse out. If anyone can help me that would be great because I have called about 10 dealers and none of them have a clue what is wrong and there are no codes stored as of last weekend.
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
alright ill start out with the basics dont be insulted or anyting but what settings do you have the lights on? auto? and does the car beep at you when you open or close your door?

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am out of warranty and to answer the second question its in auto right now but it doesn't make a difference where it is they still stay on.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I had both off over night working on it and it didn't help. Does it just need to be the negative?

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Here is the solution to the problem for any one else with this problem. The fuse box under the hood has a built in relay for the head lights and if the fuse box gets wet which is very easy to do the relay sticks closed and keeps the lights on. Replace the fuse box and the problem should go away.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Has anyone else had a problem with the head lights the dealership told me it was a common problem with the cobalt.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.