Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i discovered last night that the orginal lights aren't that bright i wanna get Halogen Headlights so i could get a wider range which is a good brand?

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
SilverStar Ultra or SilverStar are great choices. Only 2 bulbs are needed as hi-low beams are both in each bulb. The bulb number will be 9007. This number is a universal number for all brands to fit your vehicle.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
I just installed a set of Silverstreams from Sylvannia. Now I have to wait til dark to see this 30% supposed increase in vision, lol.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
You don't have HID's with those projectors?

I just upgraded to 8000K HID's and there is a huge difference compared to stock.
Nice. IMO 8000k is a bit blue, 6000k is very clean, but its time to blind the Honda slammers, lol.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
not if its a Headlight replacement. You just have to unbolt the screws with a 10mm socket and undo the first set of plastic tabs to the front grille to get the headlamp out a bit. Should take no longer than 30 minutes to get it swapped. Im talking a 9007 headlight or turn signal replacement.

·
Registered
477 Posts
not if its a Headlight replacement. You just have to unbolt the screws with a 10mm socket and undo the first set of plastic tabs to the front grille to get the headlamp out a bit. Should take no longer than 30 minutes to get it swapped. Im talking a 9007 headlight or turn signal replacement.
as long as you can get it to fit back in the groove!
are headlights can be a PITA

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
true, you have to pull the front grille out about an inch and tada, they should pop out with about 5lbs of pull.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.