Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok...yeah i know this is a stupid question and probably deserves a stupid answer...how in ht heck do u take the head rests off? i tried pullin them up pushin the button and they will not budge any more. i wanna put seat covers on, but dont want them covering the head rests cause of the seat belt loop attatched. like i said...i know its a stupid question...but any help would be great...

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
How is this a stupid question? If you tried pulling them off by pushing the button and they won't come off then obviously something else is holding them.

And there is....look closely on the opposite side of the button. There is a small hole in which you need to insert a small pin or nail into to push a retainer in out-of-the-way. Push in at the same time you lift up on the headrest -- tilting the seat back to give a little more clearance is a good idea too.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks..i didnt think about looking for a post that was already here...i didnt even notice a pin hole...i will try this tomarrow...thanks again

52 Posts
In my case, I didnt see the pin hole, I just popped off the cover and noticed the thing inside to push in. Now whenever I need to take them off, at least I know where it is :)

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
In my case, I didnt see the pin hole, I just popped off the cover and noticed the thing inside to push in. Now whenever I need to take them off, at least I know where it is :)

:laugh::laugh::laugh:Sometimes raw muscle power will get things done....maybe not the best way:laugh::laugh:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.