Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a JVC KD-R300 head unit. I bought a harness yesterday and I'm confused as how to wire it.

Above is the harness that came with the head unit.

Below is the harness I bought. The circled end fits the plug that the stock head unit plugs into. I see the four pairs of wires that go together, but where do the other wires go, and what is the second part of the harness (the blue end). I researched but didn't find much, any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
match all the wires with on the harness the corresponding color on the aftermarket deck harness and plug it into the stock harness

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I wired up the four pairs. On my aftermarket h/u harness there's a red, yellow, ground and a dark blue wire that says remote on it. Do I need to hook up the remote? I'm assuming i need to hook up the ground wire. It's been a long time since I've done this... but I have no idea what the red and yellow are for.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I hooked them all together color correspondingly. The radio got power and the digital display and other lights on it turned on but the radio would not and my subs buzzed the whole time. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,442 Posts

·
Levee
3,210 Posts
Ok, do you have the premium stereo in yours?

·
Rocket Power
711 Posts
Some of those extra wires are for stuff like remote amp turn on, power antenna, illumination and dimmer control. You may or may not need them. If you have the premium system from GM, you may need an entirely different harness.

·
Registered
3,545 Posts
If u have the two speakers by the sideview mirror and it says pioneer under it. Also check ur trunk. If u have a 10" sub on the left hand side then u has premium sir

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
No, i dont have the pioneer stereo. I went to best buy to look for the right harness and they dont carry aftermarket radio harnesses so I gotta find it somewhere else. Also walmart swore up and down my installation kit would fit the dash and of course it doesnt so I also gotta order that.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.