Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a good header/downpipe combo for my car. I have a 2006 LT with SAI.

I just got a Tsudo Catback and was looking at the Vibrant combo but was wondering if it would be compatible with my new Catback/Engine or if it was only for the SS.

Thanks in advance for any help as this is my first car so I'm fairly new to this stuff.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
yes, the sai has a hook up to the header so if you get a header without the proper part, your sai wont be connected properly

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
haha nope, it hooks up in a couple places you gotta make sure you get the right stuff

sai is secondary air intake, some of the balts have it, im not sure why though....

·
Yay go me
2,154 Posts
woot dont got it lol

---------- Post added at 08:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:54 PM ----------

ty

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
yeah me neither, im not sure what it does, like runs air to the exhaust or something, idk, pointless.... yw though

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'd like to find out if the SS exhausts/downpipe would hook up to a Vibrant header. Just wanting to make sure the length is going to work, and if there are any differences. Looking to make it work on the LT I have. Thanks.

·
Wootsauce!
8,593 Posts
I'd like to find out if the SS exhausts/downpipe would hook up to a Vibrant header. Just wanting to make sure the length is going to work, and if there are any differences. Looking to make it work on the LT I have. Thanks.
Vibrant Header NEEDS the Vibrant Downpipe....Nothing else will work.

TurboTechRacing said:
No other downpipe will work with this header... None... It is a special length downpipe, that vibrant uses.

You could always have a custom made one, but members need to know this prior to purchasing.

Also keeping in mind if it does not include one, a custom home made one is your only option, as vibrant does not split this up and will not sell just a downpipe.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Alright, looks like I will hold out for a used Vibrant if that's even possible to find one.

Thank you for that tip on the LSJ downpipe, mine is an AT. I had a Mazdaspeed Protege before this and I know even though it was similar to the P5 as far as the engine, there were some differences with the exhaust lengths, etc. Figured I'd find out the details for everything to be on the safe side before I dive right in with the Cobalt.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.