Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering what a good header/downpipe combo was. I have the 2.2
Where can i get them at? Thanks in advance

·
Registered
20 Posts
I had this question on my mind as well, might as well take advantage

depends.....
what kind of money do you want to spend?
what are your long term goals for the car? i.e turbo, sc, cams, bolt ons.
do you have sai?
are you auto or 5 spd?
just some things you should think about before buying a combo.

06 2.2L
1.As little as possible! lol I want a good setup so i'm willing to save for it, nothing outragous tho..<$1000 hopefully

2.Plan is to try to shift power band down and achieve quickest launch as possible.....future S/C. Current mods are: CAI(short ram soon), SS cat-back

3. No, no SAI

4. 5 speed, ONLY WAY TO GO!!! lol

Info appreciated Thanks

·
Premium Member
3,700 Posts
06 2.2L
1.As little as possible! lol I want a good setup so i'm willing to save for it, nothing outragous tho..<$1000 hopefully

2.Plan is to try to shift power band down and achieve quickest launch as possible.....future S/C. Current mods are: CAI(short ram soon), SS cat-back

3. No, no SAI

4. 5 speed, ONLY WAY TO GO!!! lol

Info appreciated Thanks
well if you want to go sc, i wouldnt get a short ram. your looking to suck heat from the sc to the intake. plus you have to get a 2.0 intake, being as the intake for the lsj's are on the other side of the engine bay. so some re arranging will be in order.

honestly, idk if you can shift the power band any lower in a 2.2 cobalt going with a sc. its pretty low to begin with. not sure though
but hp is not the problem, traction is.

no sai and 5 spd is great, you have all the choices to begin with.

if money is no option, id go with the clear image set up myself.
the quallity is unmatched, and it will get you set up for any FI set up to begin with.

these are just some of the "issues"/conclusions ive come up with while researching this mod. im sure there are others.
btw, an aftermarket tune will be needed also. (most likely trifecta) if you didnt already know.:)
hope that helps....

·
Banned
1,559 Posts
i asked my friend phil with an ion tonight the same question and he said basically you get what you pay for so if you want quality you have to pay for it. he has a CA header but recommended me clear image. downpipe i dont know cause i have an LSJ one.

·
Banned
1,559 Posts
then racing solutions it is! =P

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
If you are looking for the cheapest route (like me :) ) Get the racing solution 2.2 header and a used LSJ DP. I have that setup and I am very happy with it!

·
Registered
496 Posts
i heard that when you slap a dp on your car, the check engine light comes on. how do you fix that?

·
Banned
1,559 Posts
i slapped an lsj dp on mine and didn't get one

If you are looking for the cheapest route (like me :) ) Get the racing solution 2.2 header and a used LSJ DP. I have that setup and I am very happy with it!
i haz the lsj dp but why would i get the 2.2 one and not the 2.4? BTW there you are! you've been MIA :laugh:

·
Registered
496 Posts
i slapped an lsj dp on mine and didn't get one

i haz the lsj dp but why would i get the 2.2 one and not the 2.4? BTW there you are! you've been MIA :laugh:
mmmk, thx

·
Registered
298 Posts
The CEL can be "fixed" with a 90 degree housing to hold the sensor.

·
Registered
496 Posts
The CEL can be "fixed" with a 90 degree housing to hold the sensor.
not sure what that is....would you mind explaining that to me? and by "fix," do you mean it hides the new downpipe from the computer?

·
Registered
618 Posts
Ok I have a problem I also want a header DP combo but I have an 06 LT 5spd does anybody make a combo or just a header that will work with this? thanks all

·
Registered
496 Posts
Ok I have a problem I also want a header DP combo but I have an 06 LT 5spd does anybody make a combo or just a header that will work with this? thanks all
im actually working with racing solutions (well hopefully) to get a DP made for manual tranny cobalts. once they get me in and fit the pipes to my manual transmission, it should be a few weeks, and they'll have a DP. they already have a header for manual tranny

·
Registered
618 Posts
im actually working with racing solutions (well hopefully) to get a DP made for manual tranny cobalts. once they get me in and fit the pipes to my manual transmission, it should be a few weeks, and they'll have a DP. they already have a header for manual tranny
How funny cuz I emailed them today about that and they said they got a donor car yesterday so thats great then I will definitely buy from them!!!!

·
Registered
496 Posts
How funny cuz I emailed them today about that and they said they got a donor car yesterday so thats great then I will definitely buy from them!!!!
haha, well thats me!!! lol. I live pretty damn close to the shop so they're gonna use my car to fabricate the DP. well, im crossing my fingers. Ive had confirmation but not final confirmation of a time and place yet. Im hoping.....

·
Registered
618 Posts
well make them hurry lol Im excited to get the header and dp my balt will growl! well make sure to update us with specs and pics!!!

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.