Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How hard is it to install headers and a downpipe yourself? I keep hearing some friends say that it is a ***** to do and to just take it somewhere. Could i take it just to a regular mechanic or do I have to take it to a performance shop, and how much would they do it for?

·
Banned
7,805 Posts
well 3 hours at $50 an hour (which is the cheapest anywhere), its not high at all. Getting the header off an auto is harder because of the placement of the trans as compared to the manuals. So it would be about 3-4 hours I would imagine.

·
I cut stuff
6,238 Posts
How hard is it to install headers and a downpipe yourself? I keep hearing some friends say that it is a ***** to do and to just take it somewhere. Could i take it just to a regular mechanic or do I have to take it to a performance shop, and how much would they do it for?

here is one thing that will make it much easier. A cobalt only has ONEheader that you can put on so that will cut the time in half that way. just sayin lol

·
Registered
611 Posts
was gonna say that my cobalt only has one header as well

·
I cut stuff
6,238 Posts
get this, the cobalt doesn't come factory with a "header" either. it's called an exhaust manifold. The said "header" is a performance part that replaces the said "exhaust manifold". hahaha there is the lesson of the day. I shall now put on my

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.