Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys i have been trying to fix this myself for awhile now im asking you guys. I got in a accident about a year ago insurance covered it all that and its back to new but the passenger side headlight does not line up now like the hood is off or the quarter panel or something so i tried messing around with it today and i lined some stuff up a little better but the headlight still does not like line up with the hood so i though maybe the bracket was wrong one cause on my drivers side its a different bracket then what they put on it so idk i was thinking maybe you guys could post up a pic of what your brackets look like or what they are supposed to look like i have a 2008 so idk if that changes the brackets i think it does but im hoping someone can help me out here thanks guys/girls

---------- Post added at 08:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:31 PM ----------

Bump

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
I'm pretty sure all brackets from different years are the same

Where ya get hit in the accident?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I got hit on the passenger side messed up the hood bumper and some of the quarter and yes i took it all out and put it back in the thing is i cant get the headlight to sit in the bracket just right on either of them but my drivers side fits fine

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
As far as i know it didnt hit hard enough to get to the frame i hit a deer btw well i will take pictures of the brackets tomorrow to show you guys what im talking about like the drivers one has like a lip that goes out towards the bumper and the passenger side dont idk how to explain it

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Run ur finger along the frame right behind to top part of the headlight bra ket. See if you feel a bump anywhere

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
alright so take the bracket out and run my finger along the piece behind it and feel for a bump

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
A lip like where the bottom bolts go?

---------- Post added at 10:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:40 PM ----------

alright so take the bracket out and run my finger along the piece behind it and feel for a bump
Yeah. Also take pics oof the headlight area without the bracket. Maybe something got broken off

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Right its the bracket without the lip and on the drivers side it looks like the lip kinda helps something

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
The lip has the two bolts that's go through it to keep it steady. Passenger side should look exactly the same as the drivers side

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.