Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
924 Posts
I don't know about paint, they get pretty hot, it could work, but some dark tint (same used for smoke style lights) can be used.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I want to do something so i can remove it without having to replace headlights. I am wanting to get the white to match my car.

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Vinyl would be easiest. They don't look that good on our cars though imo.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Vinyl would be easiest. They don't look that good on our cars though imo.
^^This... not a fan but, it's your car. Just an idea, I wonder how plasti dip would work if you taped off the rest of the area?? pretty sure you can get white plastidip

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
I know a couple ppl that have this and I'm not a fan.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
went out and used some paper and taped it on...and yeah not a fan now lol...thanks for all your input...will just wait for new headlights

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
I like 6k because the produce a good amount of light, they are as close to white as possible, and people don't flash you as much. I've been pulled over for them and I simply pointed out other cars on the road with similar stock lights and they let me go. Check out buy hids.com they have good parts and service.

·
Registered
350 Posts
I prefer 4300k (OEM color). The higher kelvin just scatters and not much of it hits the road in poor weather. 4300k in a decent set of projectors will look almost like 10,000k from far away due to the "color flicker effect."

·
Registered
6 Posts
i've uysed these same lids on my car...they lasted about 1 month for me..maybe because i washed my car all the time.i used a hair dryer to put em on along with a credit card to even them out.took me about 30 min to do both.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i am passing on the eyelids, didnt like the look at all....and will be getting the black projector lights on ebay with the 6000k hids...but will be a month or so,..need more money haha

·
Registered
350 Posts
Don't waste your money on those eBay projectors. They don't perform well at all and aren't meant for HIDs. Instead, do a retrofit.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.