Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I came home from my cousins house in my dads truck and today saw the passenger headlight had fogged up on the inside of the cobalt. I was so mad! So me and my dad got the water out. Put some silicone around it. Let it dry some more, and we put it back on. Anyway, not too sure how long it will last. Hopefully the rest of the time I have the lights but now I want some projectors. I saw in the sticky thread and gen 2 look best to me. Is there a website you guys might know of that sell them with weather proof seal so they don't fog up? Come with the projector lights? and reasonable price? There is just so many websites for headlights and I have no idea where to look. Any help would make my headache go away. I recently got my wisdom teeth pulled and they were just getting better and now my headlight is messed up. Will life ever go smoothly? I hope

·
That's Mr. meogE to you.
150 Posts
I like my gen 2's made by Anzo USA, never had any problems with them fogging up. The lows are projectors, just remember if you buy HID's for them the lows are H7 and the highs are H1 bulbs. I bought H7 for the highs and when I turn them on there is light everywhere except on the road.

·
That's Mr. meogE to you.
150 Posts
the ones I bought had normal light bulbs yes, the HID's you have to buy the kit.

·
That's Mr. meogE to you.
150 Posts

·
That's Mr. meogE to you.
150 Posts
just bought some gen 3 ones from ebay for 160 shipped. installing them on monday.
Do they have halo's? Are they plug and play or do you ave to wire the halo's up?

·
That's Mr. meogE to you.
150 Posts
Thats the only place I hate to buy. I don't really care a whole lot for buying off ebay..
Don't quote me because I've never bought ebay headlights, but I've heard that ebay headlights with halo's require wiring. I don't have a clue when it comes to that stuff so I made sure my headlights were plug and play.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
I bought my gen 2s from ebay and i love them, 100% plug and play, just take the old headlight out and put the new one in, they come with standard halogen bulbs and the halos are cold cathode (CCFL) so theyre brighter and last longer than regular halos. Oh yeah and theyre Black :love:

Here is a link for the ones i have
05 06 07 08 COBALT CCFL HALO PROJECTOR HEAD LIGHTS G2 !: eBay Motors (item 400111103767 end time Aug-20-10 17:08:25 PDT)

---------- Post added at 11:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:24 PM ----------

see my sig pic for reference, i have HIDs for them just havent put them in yet

·
That's Mr. meogE to you.
150 Posts
I bought my gen 2s from ebay and i love them, 100% plug and play, just take the old headlight out and put the new one in, they come with standard halogen bulbs and the halos are cold cathode (CCFL) so theyre brighter and last longer than regular halos. Oh yeah and theyre Black :love:

05 06 07 08 COBALT CCFL HALO PROJECTOR HEAD LIGHTS G2 !: eBay Motors (item 400111103767 end time Aug-20-10 17:08:25 PDT)

---------- Post added at 11:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:24 PM ----------

wow, those are a great deal, just like the $300 ones I have except mine have some kind of box wired in the back, I feel ripped off.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Do they have halo's? Are they plug and play or do you ave to wire the halo's up?
Yes the gen 3s have halos and leds and require you to wire them up, but it semms pretty simple. I dont have experience with this and will be able to do it fine.........I think...lol....ill see on monday when i do it

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
wow, those are a great deal, just like the $300 ones I have except mine have some kind of box wired in the back, I feel ripped off.
mine has a small box on the back too, even though its not in the picture, its not a big deal, but they dont show it.... Im 95% sure that box is a small ballast piece that powers the CCFL halos

·
Registered
1,928 Posts

Have you had any issues with the Gen 2's?

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
You basically just fixed the problem by resealing it. I wouldnt waste your money on them lights all i do is hear people complain about them.
Yea i've heard people complain about them leaking thats why I posted this to see if they knew anywhere that sold them with weather proof seals and stuff. But it rained here last night and it looks fine. I guess I wont know till I drive it but hopefully it'll be fine.

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
Yea i've heard people complain about them leaking thats why I posted this to see if they knew anywhere that sold them with weather proof seals and stuff. But it rained here last night and it looks fine. I guess I wont know till I drive it but hopefully it'll be fine.
It should be if you got all the water out and sealed them good. The seal the headlights come with is garbage.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
i have never had any problems with my gen 2s, and theyre made by eagle eyes, which is the same company that made my old cars lights, they were stock but way more clear than the old ones, never had a problem with those either

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.