Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ever had these. I can't seem to find one anywhere in the web world. They're supposed to make halogen bulbs brighter. Has the HID world making them extinct.

1st I wanna make my regular bulbs brighter.

·
Registered
911 Posts
sorry, this is the first I've heard of it

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
He may be talking about the "pigtail extensions" that are about 6 inches long that mount between the oem headlamp harness and the headlamp (non HID) bulb. These are a heavier gauge wire and connectors that allow you to run the 80W-100W headlamp bulb without damaging (melting) the oem harness. See below link:

http://www.luminicsusa.com/detail.asp?p_Number=LH-9007&Type=9007

·
I cut stuff
6,238 Posts

·
Registered
911 Posts
He may be talking about the "pigtail extensions" that are about 6 inches long that mount between the oem headlamp harness and the headlamp (non HID) bulb. These are a heavier gauge wire and connectors that allow you to run the 80W-100W headlamp bulb without damaging (melting) the oem harness. See below link:

Luminics USA - Luminics Headlight Bulbs

I use my StreetGlow bulbs in the winter cuz I take my HIDs out in the winter, and they're 80W low 100W high and haven't had a problem yet with the harness.Had them in my Corolla too with no probs

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
may i ask why you take ur hids out in the winter for?

·
Registered
911 Posts
may i ask why you take ur hids out in the winter for?
I take them out cuz we get snow like a bastard here in Nova Scotia. And as u know, HIDs reflect off of white, so when there's a snow storm I can't see frig all, only white...can't even see where the road is...if I had the 3000k bulbs I'd be okay (the yellow ones) cuz they're made to "cut" thru fog and snow, but mine are 8000k so it reflects white alot more

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
But are they also for the halogens or for mostly HID's? At least the ZZP harness?

Thanks

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.