Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey just got some gen 4 depo projectors for my 10 balt lt. i installed the driver side light fine but the passenger side will not line up correctly. (Meaning the plastic piece on the bottom of headlight that slides into black bracket right below hi beam) I can not slide into bracket and then screw down. If it is in the bracket the screws do not line up. ( falls short) if I do not slide into bracket then it sits to high and the hood hits it and it also sticks out a lil on the side. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using AG Free

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
You need to remove the front bumper at least part way to fully install the head lights. Have you done this?

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey Riggs and black, no I did not remove bumper. The driver went in fine. The passenger is in just not flush like stock or driver side. Hell even the stocks were not flush but did not interfere with the hood. But they are on and look good! Never heard of removing bumper either!

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The hood closes btw but any further ideas or comments are appreciated! Next up is the slim bal hid 6k I know there is a how to in the forum. 8k bulbs came with the headlights!

·
Premium Member
2,635 Posts
Pics!

·
Premium Member
2,635 Posts
Download photobucket and sign in or register if you don't have an account and then upload your pic and copy the link with

·
Premium Member
2,635 Posts
As so

·
Registered
179 Posts
I had the same problem did you organize the wires that way there not under but behind it and these a black sticky strip on the top of the light that i took off with the plastic cover on the light cause i had the strip on n it wouldn't line up until i took that off.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Here is the pic of the bracket drivers side. Ill get a pic of pass to show u how light looks now!
[/IMG]

Sent from my iPhone

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Epic no i did not see any tape on light. The damn car bit me while trying to force the light in! ?

Sent from my iPhone

·
Premium Member
2,635 Posts
no pic? it didnt come up

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
You can see where the light is sitting on the bumper. I'm telling you, take the bracket that holds the bumper to the wheel well out and then put the light in.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Bronx #17 if u zoom the v piece is what I have an issue with on passenger side

Sent from my iPhone

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.