Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone else have the problem of the headlight housing "peeling" layers off? I'll take a pic later, but basically, it looks like there was a bunch of layers of clear tint, and they are drying up and flaking off! I've had em for about 2 years now, and I don't have the dough to replace em, but it looks nasty!

·
Registered
191 Posts
Mine did that after 6 mos of owning them. I hate these headlights so I didn't even mess w/ it, have you got the little heat stress fractures yet?

Sent from iPhone

·
Registered
191 Posts
When i had the Gen 1 lights. I ended up swaping the lenes with ones off my OE lights.
i'm doing this for my cousin, she has a red 08 LT. i'm gonna upgrade the halos, color match em(per her request) and just give them to her. i'm over the halos/leds, don't want halos again till i go retro.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
@bbrewbaker:
Looks smooth!! Any idea what size the Halos are? I wanna replace the stock ones.. I gotta replace those LEDs too.. The fact is that the resistor packs for both the HALOs and the LEDs went bad after a month.. I think that annoys me more than anything.. HIDs finally need replacing, but they are only 20 bucks, so no biggie.. Lasted 2 years, so not bad! I think going with white Halos, and I like the amber LEDs so you can use them as a signal if you want! Do you have yours wired that way?

---------- Post added at 02:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:21 AM ----------

LOL they are actually Gen1's... Soft lens and all.. POS.. If I ever get the money.. Gen 3's or 4's for me!

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
ya my gen 1's were peeling, so I wet sanded them and buffed 'em, they looked great, but I guess I went through the clear, and now the plastic is yellowing a bit aha! so I buffed the yellow layer off and re cleared them, good as new

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.