Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I bought projector lights (gen 4) and the left one was aimed inwards quite a bit. I returned it and got a new one today. The problem? This one is aimed inwards as well. I put my stock back in, and it appeared to be aimed inwards as well. WTF? Is there any way to move the bracket around to get it aimed right? It's a real pain in the ass and I can't figure it out

---------- Post added at 07:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:09 PM ----------

Halp!!!

·
I cut stuff
6,238 Posts
there is no adjustment for left and right on the headlight.

you can however mess around with the headlight bracket. loosen up the 4 bolts and try to move the bracket the way you want. You should be able to get a little bit of adjustment out of it that way.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no, cobalt headlights dont have horizontal adjustments, only up and down

---------- Post added at 08:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:16 PM ----------

thanks, oil give it a shot when it gets warmer. 4 degree wind chill is no fun. I just feel like an idiot for sending back a perfectly good headlight at my own expense

·
I cut stuff
6,238 Posts
oh well, it happens. no big deal lol. If it's not off by that far I would think you can get enough adjustment out of it by messing with the bracket bolts.

It was -14 here last night and the high today was about 5 lol.

---------- Post added at 07:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:21 PM ----------

Projectors headlight can be adjusted right and left.
Stock headlight can not.
You use the adjuster screws on the back of the light.
not the gen 4 headlights. I have them myself. you can only adjust them up and down.

·
I cut stuff
6,238 Posts
The bracket is slightly adjustable with the bolt holes. not much but it may be enough to get the headlight straight.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I got it to work. I had to drill new holes for the bracket to get it over enough but it's perfect now. Cosmetically it's a little off but you can't tell unless your looking for it

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.