Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for stock headlights but the interior of the light black also i want the blinker to blink white so i don't want the orange part in the light.. Anyone know where i can get that

---------- Post added 09-30-2012 at 12:51 AM ---------- Previous post was 09-29-2012 at 11:37 PM ----------

Any ideas here..

·
Registered
68 Posts
I'm pretty sure if the turn signal is white it is illegal in most states, correct me if i'm wrong of course. I know one of my buddys got pulled over and ticketed for white lights in his housing.

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
^Agree, you can get switch backs that are white until you use the blinker. Roughly 35 bucks for the balt on e bay

·
Registered
985 Posts
mine are stock clear bulb, removed the orange cover when I painted them. Been 3 years, passed threw numerous road checks, no issues for me...but thats just my city as well.

If you dont want to open the lights yourself to remove the cover, just buy buy blacked out housing for an 07 or newer. I'm pretty sure they just use an amber bulb and dont have the orange shield the 05 and 06 models use. Swap the bulb and youre good to go.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So that orange in the blinker area can just be taken out?

---------- Post added at 10:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:54 PM ----------

Found lights with the orange blinker just chrome like the headlight area, but non of the interiors of the lights are black like i want

·
Registered
985 Posts
05-06 has the orange shield that pops out...uses a clear bulb
07+ has no shield and uses an amber bulb

you could always same a lot of money and just paint yours. pop out the orange shield while youre in there. It would cost you about $20 and maybe 6 hours to do both.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
wouldn't that let moisture get inside the light after while from taking them apart and what steps would i need to do to the light to paint it, and what paint u think?

·
Registered
985 Posts
seal it with silicone and you'll be good. if it does let moisture in, take the lights out and run a hair dryer through it to evaporate it, the seal it again

theres a few how to guides here that will walk you through how to do it.
personally, I like the look of matte black

·
Registered
498 Posts
Does painting the chrome on the back interior of the headlights cut down on the light they throw at night? It sure seems like it would.

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
Or... retro fit some HID's like a boss and paint the whole thing black!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.