Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Cobalt Master
2,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sooooo I was just thinking of this issue seeing that my headlights have been peeling for about a week now. I was just wondering what should I do? I was reading about some one said wet sand then spray clear coat on em or a fine grit sand paper but wouldnt that scratch the lens I kinda dont wanna buy all new headlights and or either want to scratch my lens on my headlights now.

Any ideas on helping thus issue?

Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Picture of peeling....

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
Gen 4s dont peel!

I would think a very high grit wetsand paper and a few shots of clear would suffice though.

·
Cobalt Master
2,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Picture of peeling....

---------- Post added at 12:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:37 PM ----------

DO it right and get retrofits lol
I would if I had the money right now lol but all my money is going to paint.

---------- Post added at 12:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:38 PM ----------

Gen 4s dont peel!

I would think a very high grit wetsand paper and a few shots of clear would suffice though.
What kind of clear thought? Like spray paint clear lol

And yea I was watching a few vids on how to wet sand your lights and polish em.

Idk I like my halos. Do gen 4s have halos? I dont think they do.

---------- Post added at 12:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:40 PM ----------

I really dont wanna buy headlights but if I do have to they have some on ebay for not that bad price.

·
Premium Member
2,635 Posts
ebay ones will give you the same result! are your current ones depo?

·
Premium Member
2,635 Posts
well i guess its all a matter of the lens used, some people get lucky some dont and that happens, but cleaning it up will be your best bet (and you know it) GL!

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
if your car is going in for paint anyway get them to wet sand and shoot a bit of clear on them while they're doing the car. Then you'll have a quality clearcoat on them instead of that rattle can nonsense :)

·
Cobalt Master
2,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So I seen a vid on you tube and jizzed myself over the retro fit lol so is there a place I can buy retro fit headlight with out having to do it myself?

So I think I will go with the retrofits but I dont wanna do it... lol think il buy the headlights from hidwerks cause my stockers are peeling to.. so my headlights would be completely new but does hidwerk retrofit headlights? And if so any one know how much so I know a price to tell my girl to get for my bday that is right around the corner

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
for some reason $600ish comes to mind

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
damn im good

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.