Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so some of you know I had this problem come up about this time last year but its back again. My old thread was locked and it was in the wrong section anyways so here is the entire run down for the new people to the forum. Last time I drove pulling the fuses because no dealer within fifty miles could come up with a solution to fix it. Then I came to the forums and found out it was either the fuse box or the BCM started with the fuse box and it seem to fix it till today. I drove to work today when I get out of the car the lights are on so I get back in to shut them off and nothing helps so I popped the hood to pull the fuses so the battery won't be dead when I get off and nothing happens so I pulled the fuses to the BCM and again nothing happens. The battery is disconnected right now when I get off I am going to try and fix it in the dark so any thoughts on where to start it has to be a ground feeding back or something. Sorry for the long post but its getting old and I wanted to give you guys as much info as possible so maybe someone can help me.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Which fuse did you pull? DRL would be a 10Amp fuse first one from the firewall after 8 relays. Did you try pulling handbrake, this is suppose to turn DRL off.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The DRL is not the right one found out it the PRK that needs pulled but the headlight need to go off without pulling the fuses can anyone tell me where the ground for the headlights is.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
There is also a DRL relay somewhere that might be sticking on. This relay series the low beam filaments. This is why both DRL stop working when a low beam burns.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the relay is built into the fuse box and that $318 and I just replaced it like 8 months ago

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
If you pull one low beam fuse does it kill the lights? Or like you said it might be the park neutral switch but I doubt that because once the key is out this switch is not suppose to have power.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The go off one at a time when you pull the fuses they also go off if you push the brakes real hard. I thing its getting power through a ground or something like that.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Well you have eliminated DRL at least.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Where can I get a wiring diagram none of the parts stores around me have a manual for the cobalt and I don't want to wait till monday to start trouble shooting it.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Now why would they go off when you push the brake? hmmmm......

Bad light switch maybe.....Have you tried tapping on the column near the light switch or playing with it? Man that is a mystery.

What puzzles me even more is that ground is always at the lights and you switch B+ to them. Is it dims that are on or highs or both ?

---------- Post added at 11:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:09 PM ----------

What year, body and level is it?

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
VIN# would be even better....and I'll try to find diagram on GM server.

PM me VIN if you don't want everybody to see it.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
I keep my VIN right in my signature so I don't have far to look. :laugh:

OK, I'll use my VIN and see what I can come up with. I have to use VMWare to log in and it's slow so give me a half hour at least. Power and ground right?

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Got the B+ headlight one already.

Notice that right and left headlights have seperate grounds.

Schematics appear to be for standard also.

Let me know if you need more.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Maybe it has something to do with the delayed timer.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Did you notice if dome light also remained on? Headlights and dome light are suppose to remain on for 30 seconds or so if dome also stays on it might give you a clue. I think you are going to need to look around BCM.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks for the diagrams Coby7 and I hadn't thought of that yet I will call a dealer and see if they will tell me how the delay works.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.