Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My headlights are really dull and i can only see about 5-10 feet infront of my car and when i have my brights on they are about as bright as normal headlights. Does this mean the headlights are starting to burn out or would it be a wiring problem or something?

·
I cut stuff
6,238 Posts
how do the lenses look? are they still clear and clean? other wise yes if you have regular bulbs. they do wear out over time and get dim. I learned this from my past cars.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ya the lenses are still clean and clear, so if i do have to get new bulbs got any recomendations?

·
I cut stuff
6,238 Posts
HID's haha. that's what I have. but if you want regular bulbs. I know there are better ones out there. Walmart carry's the Silverstar bulbs that are nice and bright. I used those in my old Lumina and liked them a lot. I know there are some other people that will have recommendations for better bulbs

---------- Post added at 11:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:07 PM ----------

you know.... now that I think of it. you should test your battery and alternator. make sure the battery is fully charged and the alt. is putting out around 14 volts at around 2k rpms. that could also be your problem.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ya i wanna stay with regular bulbs, but cool thanks

---------- Post added at 08:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:09 PM ----------

how do i test the alternator?

·
I cut stuff
6,238 Posts
take it to any shop or GM dealer. most any place will do it for free for you. you need a tester. I think even some parts stores will do it for you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.