Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)

here goes the headliner/ceiling to be airbrushed
this is the idea but going to try to make the dome light work into the image..
should hopefully have it done by weeks end..then on to other interior parts

---------- Post added at 12:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:25 PM ----------

will try to post pics along the way....

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)

the fabric primer was bit foggy.... good reason to always wear a mask
gonna let it set for the night and wake and shine to start cybertron....

---------- Post added at 05:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:36 PM ----------

if ya look closly ya can see the light fabric pencil marks...

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

well thought I was ready to spray
but was thinking last night in the sleep,
I'd better paint the dome fixture along with the headliner....sanded and primed it then while doing it, noticed the Onstar mic...don't have it so this I my find another use for switch or something...so sanded it also...
see the plastic primer and degreaser also a light soap and water wash just before the degreaser....
was gonna use a scotch brite pad...but keep in mind this is a semi-high used item and want a good bond to the surface so I used sand paper..

·
Premium Member
2,068 Posts
This is gonna look awesome. My brother just bought a compressor so during spring we're gonna get a spray gun and some paint and do some painting to my car as well. Can't wait to see this finished up

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks if ya need any pointers let me know
I've been at it for over 25yrs.(airbrushing)
Did my living room, bedroom, etc... Can't stand blank walls...:)

---------- Post added at 08:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:17 PM ----------

And with all this snow we got worked out to my benefit so I have all day tomorrow to work on it...and hopefully tues. :)

---------- Post added at 08:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:19 PM ----------

Keep check out the thread and please post comments....I'll do one thread for headliner and the other for the rear deck.....

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
I agree your interior will look amazing and what you've done so far is amazing, still not a fan of the outside but the interior, just wow.

·
Registered
172 Posts
looks like it should be nice when done. how bout some pics of your work in the house? i went to art school for 3 yrs, im interested to see

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
gonna hide the optic wire better but just have it stick out edge just a bit
trim an 1/8" off for the wire to fit along the edge and hide the excess under the dome light...
grinding off plastic decals..also it the dome light plastic raised decals...

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Wish could post more pics but it's a pain in the A to post from and iPad then got to laptop to down load....so I'll try to get some up soon....it's turning out bad ass ...and many more ideas...got a deal on some more LEDs yes more LEDs.....

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

---------- Post added at 04:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:29 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 04:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:33 PM ----------

finially got a change an post some progress on the head liner
so many projects so little time or money....

---------- Post added at 04:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:36 PM ----------

had the car rustproofed and took advange of the time I had the doors off and add some stars and comets....
enjoy.......

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.