Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I should probably post this in Interior & Exterior Styling but I'm hoping for a quick answer.

My headliner is a light tan right now and I was considering making it black, but I don't know what the best way to go about doing that would be. Also my floors are a gray color, but are noticeably dirty (the car was a mess when I bought it) and I want to possibly redo them black.
Has anyone else colored their headliner and floor?
Can anyone tell me what product was used and how you went about doing it?

Thanks!

·
Registered
505 Posts
Prolly reupholstered the headliner...not sure about the floor though.

·
Get Out The Sawzall
1,856 Posts
The headliner: Best way is to reupholster, to liquid dye it you would need to dip the entire headliner. Upholstery paints works Ok but I would not do it.

Carpet: Replace or you can do the make it look new car lot trick. Most car lots spray paint the carpet ir it is dirty. They clean the carpet, let it dry, mask and plastic everything off quickly and paint the dirty spots with a spray paint that is close in color, they then lightly brush it in with a soft bristled brush. This lasts for about a month or two, They do this so that when the paint starts to wear off and the carpet looks didry again you, now the owner of the car thinks you made the carpet dirty, when in fact it was dirty before you bought the car.

You can buy a new carpet kit from Crate engine depot.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.