Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any laws governing the headrests that they are necessary???? I wanted to remove mine but my father brought up a good point that they may legally need to be there... So has anyone heard this, at least in NJ?

·
Registered
257 Posts
i dont think so...unless you get in an accident then the insurance will use it to screw you

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
In Virginia,,, they must be installed per factory specs to pass Va. State Safety Inpection once a year. Same as seat belts etc.

GTO 1

·
Registered
750 Posts
I dont think you will get a ticket for not having them but like the others have said its a safety issue and if something were to happen to you or your passenger while they were removed you could find yourself facing some troubles.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
yeah and like GTO said i figured i'd fail inspection

Snake890217 added 1 Minutes and 41 Seconds later...

but like the ion doesnt have head rests really just lumps in the back of the seat that stick up...

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
yeah and like GTO said i figured i'd fail inspection

Snake890217 added 1 Minutes and 41 Seconds later...

but like the ion doesnt have head rests really just lumps in the back of the seat that stick up...
okay, this is how i figure:

The headrests are a safety precaution to avoid whiplash in frontal, and rear impact accidents, and are mandatory in all vehicles. Vehicles equipped with one piece seats(headrests built in) must pass an approved CSA/ASA safety control test, in order to be installed. If, at such time, these safety restraints are removed, the vehicle will be deemed unsafe for the road, and will face consequences as to the matter(decided by each state/province on review of the matter)

that is what i believe, and pretty close to what i read in "the safety regulations" after my accident.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
okay, this is how i figure:

The headrests are a safety precaution to avoid whiplash in frontal, and rear impact accidents, and are mandatory in all vehicles. Vehicles equipped with one piece seats(headrests built in) must pass an approved CSA/ASA safety control test, in order to be installed. If, at such time, these safety restraints are removed, the vehicle will be deemed unsafe for the road, and will face consequences as to the matter(decided by each state/province on review of the matter)

that is what i believe, and pretty close to what i read in "the safety regulations" after my accident.
That about covers it! Thanks cobaltkrazy...

GTO 1

·
Registered
318 Posts
Guess I'm lucky to live in a rural county that doesn't care what kind of heap you drive, as long as you pay to put tags on it. Keeps us rednecks from having too many rusted out pickups parked in the front yard permanently.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Guess I'm lucky to live in a rural county that doesn't care what kind of heap you drive, as long as you pay to put tags on it. Keeps us rednecks from having too many rusted out pickups parked in the front yard permanently.
nothing stops rednecks from doing whatever they want, i am one, and i have 3 cars, and a driveway that's full with other cars, lol

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.