Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

I have an 06 with the Pioneer system, the issue I am having is when the car has been sitting in the sun for a few hours the stereo won't power up. Even with a sunshade it still gets hot enough to cause the problem, it usually turn on 30 to 40 minutes into the drive.

Anyone had a similar problem or fix?

·
Say What again!
5,999 Posts
That's weird...shouldn't be an issue. Cars get hot tested well past what sun will do.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Mine is just a standard stock unit but instead of not turning on, it does, and then half the buttons dont work. But its always during the summer, never the winter.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Definitely because of the heat. You can feel it getting hot if you put your hand up to it as well.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I am assuming we both will just need to replace them, not sure how we can cool them down.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I want the same thing, but just don't feel like dropping a ton of money on one when I don't listen to music much when I am driving unless I am on the highway.

·
Say What again!
5,999 Posts
You can get some of the "lower" model Pioneers for not-a-lot on Amazon.

For example:

·
Registered
120 Posts
Thats definitely cheap. And if you need another pioneer unit i can try and check the yards around me for one.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You can get some of the "lower" model Pioneers for not-a-lot on Amazon.

For example: Amazon.com : Pioneer AVH170DVD DDIN/DVD/USB/AUX/BASIC : Car Electronics
That's not a bad price, the adapters are pricy though lol. And I really want NAV and XM if I am going to do it.

---------- Post added at 10:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:58 AM ----------

Thats definitely cheap. And if you need another pioneer unit i can try and check the yards around me for one.
If you see one let me know, I am guessing the dealer has to unlock it if I replace mine?

·
Registered
120 Posts
That i don't know, but the cobalt i pulled my interior from had one (pioneer) but i didn't look to see what condition it was in.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That i don't know, but the cobalt i pulled my interior from had one (pioneer) but i didn't look to see what condition it was in.
Until i have the spare money to do the touch screen, a replacement HU would be perfect. I'll dig around the yards near my place to see if they have any.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.