Chevy Cobalt Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At first, I thought it was coming from the wheels. Then I remembered that the O2 senors wiring is nearby and I replaced the CAT on the Cobalt due to the flex portion of the CAT was cracked and horrible noise. I know theres the other two cords that have the heat insulation additional wrapped around them since they are closer to the heat shield laying across. Not sure whats vibrating against it but I do want to wrap them up with additional tape and or insulation tubing. Any suggestions? 2008 EcoTec 2.2 LS Coupe Manual Transmission

· Registered
370 Posts
The shield itself is usually made of stainless steel or a very good grade of aluminum alloy. They don't deteriorate. But the rivets or fasteners will corrode away and cause the noise. I have used bolts and hose clamps to re-attach the shields. Since it depends on what exactly let go you will need to get down and eyeball it. Look for missing or broken fasteners and replace as needed. If the shield mounts were welded to the pipes then you will need to weld them back or get creative.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts