Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes the ac works great it blows hard:) everything works like it should except for the heat, also the engine running at normal temps

·
Chevy Customer Service
794 Posts
Markiemark998,

No heat? That’s no good! Sorry to hear about this concern, especially as the weather cools down (if you live in the frozen north, anyways!).

My recommendation would be for you to bring your car into your servicing dealership for them to take a look at.

Best!
Sarah
GM Customer Service

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
wow what a great idea!! why would i waste my time on a fourm when its soooooooooooooooooo much easyer to bring it into a gm shop. Thanks

·
Chevy Customer Service
794 Posts
Hello again Markiemark998,

I have seen a lot of great feedback on forums in regards to vehicle concerns. From GM’s viewpoint, we are striving to achieve better customer service and our dealerships are our eyes and ears into what’s happening on vehicle concerns. Thus my recommendation.

I do wish you the best in getting your heat concern taken care of, whichever resolution you select. If, now or in the future, you would like to work with GM Customer Assistance in resolving a vehicle concern, please get in contact with us here via private message.

Thanks,
Sarah
GM Customer Service

·
Registered
87 Posts
What a job that must be to have... Make a account as customer service and tell every repair thread to take it to the dealer!

Not all of us want to pay a dealer 80 bucks an hour lol

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
If heater core (as you say) is hot, and the blower system is working correctly, it almost HAS to be a heat/vent/ac door not opening/closing correctly. Such as a vacuum valve not allowing the blown heater core air from reaching the vents/cabin. Also check cabin air filter. Won't cause this, but will effect it. Does nothing come fron vents or it blows correctly and air is cold?
Also, make sure you check radiator coolant level.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
What a job that must be to have... Make a account as customer service and tell every repair thread to take it to the dealer!

Not all of us want to pay a dealer 80 bucks an hour lol
Or take off of work to take it in (and Saturday is usually always just an oil change day, so that is out of the question).

Anyways, as far as heat, if the heater core is getting hot and the HVAC fan works, I'm gonna agree with 423. Possibly debris, a jammed door or as 423 mentioned a bad vacuum valve.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Looks like the trap door that selects between A/C radiator and heater radiator is stuck to one side. Winter is coming your going to need heat. It isn't that complicated, take it apart and you'll eventually see where the snag is. Did you happen to work on your radio by any chance lately, you might have unhooked something in the process.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.