Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My heater won't blow out of the front vents for some reason. I hear the heater blowing (obviously, at 4), but it's not getting out anywhere. I'm not sure if it works when I put it to blow under my steering wheel, at my legs, but it does work for defrosting the window.

At first I'd just turn my heater to 0, then back to whatever it was at previously and it'd work fine out of the front vents, but now I can't get it to work at all. Again, I HEAR it blowing, but it's not actually coming out.

Any ideas? :wondering:

·
Registered
567 Posts
Yea the blower motor resistor went out most likely, its under the dash on the pass side i believe. it just pulls out, looks like a card...maybe someone can help me to explain it better...

looks like this...

Hope this helps....

·
Registered
674 Posts
Actually it sounds more like the electrical vent selection system is on the fritz. If it works on Defrost, then it most likely is working on the floor too, but your selectors that are electric on these cars could be going out. Not sure what the technical term is for this mechanism, but I doubt it is the resistor for the blower motor.

·
Registered
567 Posts
True that.....cuz otherwise none of the vent positions would work, correct? I was just thinking that.....do all the speeds work tho?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Alright, so last night I used my heater, and it worked perfectly fine through the front vents. I think I'm still going to attempt to replace any faulty parts, though. Would it be worth the time and money trying to?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.