Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK I knew this would happen eventually. When I bought the car the "3" setting for the interior ac/heater fan didn't work. Today ONLY the 4 setting was working. So I'm guessing soon none of it will work. Does anyone know what I will have to replace to fix this? It doesn't do anything at all when on settings 1,2,and 3. No noises, or anything. Thanks for the help. :)

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
sounds like it could be the blower motor resistor to me, but i am no expert... just my humble opinion

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Yup, resistor network..

·
Premium Member
2,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK, I'm pretty sure I asked about this when I first came here, but I can't for the life of me find it. Lol thanks guys.

---------- Post added at 06:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:52 AM ----------

http://www.1aauto.com/blower-motor-resistor-ac-delco-15-80879/i/1ahbr00019

Is this the correct part? I have an 05 base.. if that matters. Also, is it difficult to replace the blower motor? Mine makes a noise similar to putting a card in the bicycle spokes lol.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Yes but it is cheaper at GMpartsgiant.com

GM# 15818910 RESISTOR,BLO MOT A(C40,C67) 05-10

$25.47

Don't worry about losing position 4 because it bypasses the resistor network all together.

·
Premium Member
2,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK great! Thanks a lot Coby7, that's a pretty big saving considering the price. And OK threat, then I'm not too rushed to get it fixed. Probably order the part next pay not this one then.

·
Premium Member
2,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, I ordered this part for briana(my girlfriend) who has my 2.2 now. She paid $40 for it at AutoZone cause she wants it right away. Also, she said she might join here. You can see how she "girlified" the base.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Pull the connector off and undo the two screws, then reverse and voilà.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.