Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what grounds the fusebox under the hood? I have no power inside when i turn the ignition on replaced ignition switch none of the usual lights in the dash cluster before starting the car, car will not crank I removed the wiring blocks from fusebox smelled a burnt smell I wonder if the board is burnt somewhere. Anyone know what pins are supposed to have power with wiring removed? Does anyone have any ideas I dont know what to try next pcm bcm fuse box? We dont have the cash to throw 1000 1500 at the dealer please help if u can

·
Say What again!
6,037 Posts
Probably a dumb question, but the battery isn't drained, right?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the batterys good i even tried a new one to make sure radio and things work just nothing thats supposed to get power with ignition on checked bcm power and grounds are good checked plug ins for pcm grounds are good just no power Does power go through the fusebox under the hood then to pcm and inside or inside and then back out to pcm?

·
Say What again!
6,037 Posts
I believe out of the battery and into the fuse box, then out to the PCM, and the other things.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hey i appreciate your feed back i always considered myself a descent mechanic until i was faced with the electrical issues on this cobalt. I think my bcm and pcm is good it still shows codes like power steering trunk ajar and such I removed the underhood fusebox i think the circuit board smells burnt closest to the fan found a donor for 25$ wish me luck thanks again

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.