Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
I own a 2009 LS XFE (I have owned it since Dec 2008 ) and am looking to upgrade it. I would like to put in a new radio with Bluetooth, add power windows and locks, put in a short throw shifter, spoiler, possibly change the hood, add a K & M air filter and I'm sure other things I haven't thought of yet.

Whelp thanks for the time and community :grin2:

·
Registered
949 Posts
Welcome to the forums!

Sounds like you wanna do all the things! We'll be glad to help out.

Just off the top of my head, for Bluetooth, I got this instead of changing out the whole radio. You can connect it to your radio via the AUX input, so you don't have to fiddle with the radio frequency "feature."

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
I despise those things haha, put a Bluetooth head unit in every vehicle is ever owned since they became reasonably affordable and won't ever go back.
Either way, welcome! There are a lot of things you can do and we are always here to help. Another member is currently working on swapping in power windows and locks, even if you don't plan on doing it any time soon it would definitely be worth reading through and following that thread

·
Registered
949 Posts
My brother's Elantra came with Bluetooth standard, and it's definitely nice and much smoother than mine, but I've never found an aftermarket head unit I liked. Besides, I don't even listen to music on my phone in the car often enough to justify it. Maybe that'll change when I get a new car at some point.

---------- Post added at 01:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:45 PM ----------

Here's the link to that thread for the electric locks and windows:

http://www.yourcobalt.com/forums/forum-faqs-how-tos-read-first/84337-help-please-wiring-windows-locks-mirrors.html

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the link to the power doors thread, will definitely keep an eye on that. Does anyone have a recommendation for a wiring harness for the radio? One reason I haven't done the radio yet is any time I've asked for the harness I've been told it's super expensive and not worth it. Thanks again for your help and responses.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
I'd pay $45 to get things to work right!!! Nothing I hate more than when something that's suppose to work doesn't work.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Rob thanks for the response! Coby I absolutely agree $45 is not bad to have the correct parts and features. This just literally made my weekend :).

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Chimes might save you from overheating or running low on oil someday, so $45 is cheap. So it pings when you forget your keys or seatbelt big WoW! Chimes are more a plus than they are negative imho!

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Eh, they don't bother me but I would be perfectly fine without them as well. Another thing to remember, at least if you get the head unit from Crutchfield they usually supply you with some of the stuff you need, think I only paid 20 for the harness when I bought my radio, free antenna adapter and dash kit as well

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.